- Presentation force: Salesforce CEO and billionaire Marc Benioff swears by this tip for making his presentations foolproof. I can't help but agree.
- Rally and tally: Our pals over at Gender Avenger summarized the many pledges to avoid all-male panels, and share how you can use the GA Tally to help keep panels honest about gender balance.
- No voices: We talk about votes being a voice, but, despite the pledges of world leaders, only a minority of nations have 30 percent or more legislators who are women--a real dearth of women in a very public speaking role.
- Did you miss? Last week, our Famous Speech Friday looked at a surprising speech Carly Fiorina--now a presidential candidate in the U.S.--gave just weeks after the September 11, 2001 attack on the World Trade Center, and at two participants' success in using a workshop to build a better talk. On the Moderating Panels blog, we looked at the *other* half of the moderator's job: Calling on the audience.
- About the quote: Own and share your story, eloquent women!
Monday, October 5, 2015
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: