- Respond, don't react: Useful advice here about how to handle negative feedback.
- Signal alert: When you start a sentence with "But," you're sending a signal that may not be intentional. Find out the trouble with 'buts.'
- Speak up, London! Empowering women through the power of public speech is a free event in London September 11 from the Fabian Women's Network, building on my presentation to them in Parliament earlier this year. Great speakers are on deck. Please share.
- Women, know your limits! is a satirical video that, like all good humor, has truth in it.
- About the quote: Tell your stories, eloquent women! From our Pinterest board of great quotes for public speakers.
- Speaking times three: If you have a second or third language, you'll appreciate this TED talk by Jamila Lysicott on three ways to speak English.
I'll be leading Be The Eloquent Woman, my day-long workshop on women and public speaking, as a pre-conference session at the European Speechwriter Network's autumn speechwriters and business communicators conference in Amsterdam. The workshop is 23 October and the conference is 24 October. You'll learn how to speak with confidence, content and credibility to subvert the common expectations of women speakers. Please join me!